Last week we did a one week update on our little “gordonandfrank.ca” experiment. Here’s what we see after two weeks:
- 21,026 pages served (a bit less than half of One Degree traffic).
- 4,032 people clicked through to the real Bell site.
- 2,001 people got here by searching on phrases using Bell, Beavers, Frank, or Gordon.
- “Bell Beavers” is the most common search term. 683 people got to One Degree using that phrase!
- 89 people got here because of Norm MacDonald. They’re still angry about this.
- 46 people have taken the time to post “often gushing” comments about the mascots.
Here are the top twenty “beaver-related” searches driving our traffic:
- bell beavers
- frank and gordon
- bell canada beavers
- frank and gordon beavers
- frank and gordon bell
- bell canada commercials
- bell beaver commercials
- gordon and frank
- frank and gordon commercials
- bell canada beaver commercials
- voices of frank and gordon
- bell frank and gordon
- frank & gordon
- “frank and gordon”
- bell beaver
- bell canada beaver
- bell commercials
Interestingly enough, traffic is increasing over time, not dying down as I assumed it would.
Today’s lesson: You never know when you’ll blog something that has a *huge* impact on your traffic and the profile of your site. My quickie post about an ad I saw during the Super Bowl now accounts for half the entire one-year-old site’s traffic — after only two weeks!
Originally published at www.onedegree.ca on February 21, 2006.