These eight simple suggestions will not only reduce spam complaints against your company or organization but also increase the chances that others will read your messages.
1. Never (ever!) purchase, trade or borrow an email list.
2. Always send a welcome email to members when they have signed up, but be careful.
3. Keep records of those who have signed up.
4. Remind people that they have subscribed to your mailing.
5. Always be sure to include an alternate means of contact to your subscribers.
6. Try to send mailings to your subscribers on a regular basis.
7. If you have not sent a mailing for a while, initially send a message to no more than 1,000 randomly selected subscribers.